The European Global Data Protection regulation (GDPR) comes into force on the 25th May 2018.
There are many scare stories about massive fines but GDPR is a regulation concerned with protecting personal data which is an important objective in this day and age with the prevalence of Phishing, Hackers and Identity Theft.
GDPR can be seen as an opportunity to enhance your company’s data security, protect personal data and enhance customer trust.
As part of the regulation you need documented procedures around data protection and enhanced security around your IT systems to ensure that personal data is processed in a manner that ensures its security (IT).
Compliance may seem a daunting task but ITQED and their partners can assist with all aspects of compliance and the security of your data, including:
GDPR Documentation and Processes
IT Security reviews and recommendations
Cyber Security and GDPR awareness training
The 6 principles of data protection in GDPR
- Processed lawfully, fairly and transparently (Consent)
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes (Inform)
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for processing (Necessary)
- Accurate and kept up to date (Accuracy)
- Kept in a form that allows the identification of data subjects only as long as necessary for processing (Retention)
- Accountability (Demonstrate)
Please contact us for an informal chat about GDPR, Cyber security, Cyber essentials and related security topics.